deutschenglishfrançais

1900

The founding of a mechanical weaving mill on Frauenstraße/Sandufer in Emsdetten by Carl Lechtreck and Gerhard Hatke under the company name "Lechtreck & Co."

1930

Franziska Lechtreck and the Hatke heirs take over management after the deaths of the two founders in 1915 and 1930. 

1946

Founding of the jute weaving mill and sack sewing operation on Frauenstraße

1953

Acquisition of the technical weaving mill (Factory II ) on Lange Straße/Kolpingstraße/Stefanstraße

1960

Curt Lechtreck takes over company management from his mother Franziska Lechtreck 

1962

Addition to Factory II: operations building for matting department on Stefanstraße

1971

Establishment of the production department for leisure and camping

1972

The name of the company is changed from "Lechtreck & Co"& to "LECO-Werke Lechtreck GmbH & Co. KG"

1975

Manfred Dewein, assessor jur., is appointed managing director, joining Curt Lechtreck in the position

1976

Establishment of the wall covering production department

1981

Acquisition of the company site on Hollefeldstraße
Construction of a new production building for wall coverings 

1984

Relocation from Frauenstraße to Hollefeldstraße by the administration and Factory I

1985

Expansion of the wall covering department on Hollefeldstraße

1993

Expansion of the operations building on Hollefeldstraße

1995

Addition of more office space and a showroom to the administration building
Introduction of a quality management system based on DIN EN ISO 9002: 1994
TÜV certifies LECO 

1997

Establishment of the awning department and new construction of a shipping building on Hollefeldstraße
Ulrich Viefhues is appointed managing director alongside Manfred Dewein

2000

LECO centennial. The anniversary is marked with a huge celebration 

2003/2004

Expansion of the administration building

2006

The former co-managing director Manfred Dewein takes over the chairmanship of the advisory board on January 1, 2006

2008

LECO receives a patent for the two-color effect of its flock paper
Addition to Factory II: expansion of the pre-processing area for the weaving mill

2010

Certification of LECO’s quality management system based on DIN EN ISO 9001: 2008
Installation of a photovoltaic system (265 kWp) on buildings on Hollefeldstraße

2011

Acquisition of more production and warehouse space (about 13,300 square meters) on Hollefeldstraße 

2012

FSC® certification of the sector Garden & Leisure
OEKO-TEX® certification of wallcoverings

2013

Stefan Beinker and Stefan Kreft are appointed managing director, joining Ulrich Viefhues in the position
Implementation of a new Corporate Design

2014

FSC® certification of the sector wall covering

www.leco-werke.de